The Special Events Committee will be responsible for “special events” within Somerset Lake with the goal of fostering community engagement, enriching family life, and encouraging a spirit of inclusion. The activities of this committee will further promote the benefit and value of being a member of an active community like Somerset Lake. Community events are open to all Somerset Lake residents, who may choose to participate at their own discretion.
The scope of the Committee’s responsibilities includes:
· Finalizing the calendar for established annual events like the Pig Roast, Breakfast with Santa, etc. to be executed by the Clubhouse Manager. The committee may recommend changes and/or new ideas to keep these events fresh and exciting. Consult with the Clubhouse manager to answer questions or provide input as needed. These events will be worked by clubhouse staff and volunteers as needed.
· Determining, in the current environment of COVID, which events if any need to be canceled or modified, and seeking input from the Board as needed.
· Developing and coordinating new events and activities throughout the year to continue to create excitement around neighborhood happenings. Collaborating with the Clubhouse manager for execution.
· Preparing all written communications regarding special events to be used in newsletters or mass communications.
· Reviewing and approving ideas from residents for potential future events. Fielding resident feedback on past events.